The Great Gatsby -Classmates questions/response CH 3-4

Chapter 3:
1. Why does Nick observe Gatsby so much? Nick observes Gatsby so much because he is very wealthy and how is it  possible that he affords all those parties. 
2. Gatsby looks like he has parties but with people he doesn't know, why is it that he talks to Nick out of all people and when it wasn't even him who personally invited him to the party?He is interested in daisy, Both Daisy and Gatsby had something going on before daisy got married, he maybe is aware that Nick is related to Daisy.
3. Why did Gatsby just assume Nick knew who he was? Because Gatsby knew about him but nick didn't , Gastby probably assumed that with the invitation that was sent to Nick , nick should know him he mostly likely was aware of the invitation that was sent 

Chapter 4:
1. Do you think Jordan got called in to talk to Gatsby because he wanted to ask the same question he asked Nick? Yes, I believe that Gastby wanted to ask Jordan the same thing he asked Nick because he is really interested that Nick does the favor of having a tea with Daisy, so Gatsby can reunite with daisy 
2. What question did Gatsby not want to ask Nick and why?Nick did not want to ask him for the favor of inviting Daisy to have some tea together... Gatsbys' intention was to meet up with Daisy.
3. If you were in Nick’s position would you feel used? How would you feel being asked something shocking? I would feel guilty but also not really because I'd know that Tom has another girl so I would help out my cousin to find her happiness. Although I'm in the middle of this whole situation, I'd feel like I'm helping out my cousin. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About my big question

Fahrenheit 451 essay

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past."